Today has been a nice break from all of the poverty we have been introduced to in Guatemala, although it is still obvious when there are 6 children surrounding you trying to get "un quetzal" or to sell you a bundle of bracelets. We took a book around Lake Atitlan with our new friend, Samuel as our guide and had a blast. The pictures will describe it best, but we basically saw 3 different villages around the lake, Santa Cantarina, San Antonio, and Santiago. Lots more shopping, but all the money is definitely going to a good cause. The people have next to nothing that are trying to sell their wares.
We recently had lunch (they eat so late here! but I am getting used to it) and now are waiting for Carla to return from her trip to the coast to meet the birth family of her daughter. We are anticipating many emotions and hope she is having a good time. It is raining here so that is why we are back and not out doing things. I love you all and will be home soon! I have almost 300 pictures to share with everyone and that many plus 300 more stories to tell.
kisses and hugs,
Louisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi, Louisa! All the folk at Westminster send their hello and prayers. I read some of Carla's Blog today in worship so people could learn about what your experience is all about. BTW, what churches are in San Jorge? Do they have religious organizations in town? Keep up the good work! Love, Dad
Hi Louisa, We miss you and can't wait to hear all about your work and experiences with the children. We have been following the blogs and pictures. Such beautiful people. Love you. C
It sounds like you are having a blast and enjoying this life changing experience. We all take so much for granted and don't even realize it until our eyes are opened to something like your experience. I'm excited to see pictures and see you!! I LOVE YOU!
Vanessa
Hi Louisa,
Sounds like this is a great experience for you. Thanks for sharing. I hope we can see all of 300+ pictures when we are in the Midwest next Fall.
Susan and Sig
Post a Comment