We made it! The flight was long, but Continental Airlines was kind enough to entertain us with a movie and a meal. The meal left much to be desired, but it was food nonetheless. We ended up having to wait probably 45 minutes for our van from the Radisson to pick us up at the airport for some reason, so we really got to experience Guatemala right from the beginning. When we walked out of the airport after getting all of our bags (thank god they made it) it was just a flood of men holding up signs for taxis and yelling "taxi! taxi! you want taxi?" One woman made her way to us trying to sell lapices (pens) that were all used and we had to politely turn her down. Today we are on our way to Panajachel which is a 3 hour drive from Guatemala City. Now the real fun begins. We traded $100 of our American money and got 725 Quetzales so I think I am truly ready. I am so excited to get to Pana and experience Guatemala. I will try to post again tonight or tomorrow...I love you all so so so so much and simply cannot wait to share all of my experiences with you. Kisses and hugs,
Louisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, I'm so glad you made it safe and sound...and all your bags. You are right, now the experience begins. We are all fine here and you stay on our minds along with all the others. You will make a difference and these brothers and sisters will have much to offer you. Love you, Mom
Glad you made it with no trouble Weesie. "Teach - your children well..." (Don't drink the water......Montezuma lurks)
Post a Comment